This article contains helpful information if you are looking to import and convert data from QuickBooks Desktop, or other applications into QuickBooks Online UK using Intuit Data Services.
If you are looking to move your QuickBooks Desktop data to QuickBooks Online without the assistance of Intuit Data Services, see Import data into QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop instead.
What software can be converted?
Dataswitcher can convert the UK versions of the below software:
- Intuit QuickBooks 2017 to 2020
- Xero (excluding Xero US version)
- CSV files (Beta)
NOTE: For Kashflow and VT conversions submit your requests using our Kashflow & VT service.
How does the process work?
- Connect to the Dataswitcher wizard.
- Choose the appropriate option as per your region.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once you complete the conversion, you will receive an email to track the conversion. We migrate your data and inform you to review the results using the post-conversion checklist for getting started with QuickBooks Online.
Note: We will only convert to the UK version of QuickBooks Online.
How long will it take to transfer & import my data?
We will aim to complete your conversion within three to five working days of receiving your data file, although it is often much faster than that.
I've already signed up for QuickBooks Online. Can I move my data to that account?
Yes. If you have an existing QuickBooks Online file you would like us to move your data in to, please invite us as an administrator to that file. Please create a data migration request here and we will send you the steps to add us in your company file.
How will my business data be protected?
As long as you use Dataswitcher to upload your data, it will be protected using the industry-standard SSL encryption. Data is removed from our servers promptly after you have uploaded, and we store a copy on our local servers during conversion. Post conversion we move your data to secure offline storage where it is encrypted. It is best practice to also suggest you have a password on your source data file.
- See Import Limitations - why some data doesn't come over from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
I did not request conversion of some old data but I can see it in the QuickBooks Online file
The data importing process will transfer all compatible data existing in your provided file to QuickBooks Online. We advise you to keep a backup of relevant data to have a history of transactions prior to the conversion date.