There are a number of reports available in QuickBooks Online Accountant. In this article, we'll show you how to run, customise and download these reports.
- Go to Reports.
- Select the Reports tab.
Run a report
- Use the Find report by name search bar to find reports by name. You can also browse the list.
- Select the report to open it.
- Select Run report.
You can download or export a report to a PDF or Excel file.
- Open the report you want to download.
- Select the export icon.
- Select either Export to Excel or Export to PDF.
To download performance charts:
- Select the Performance charts tab.
- Find the chart you want to download and select more options .
- Select Export chart to download the PDF file.
To help you reconcile any discrepancies that may arise, use the Adjusting Journal Entries and Adjusted Trial Balance reports to:
- summarise debit and credit balances
- see adjustments made within the Trial Balance sheet
- see any adjustment journal entries of each account in the chart of accounts during a period of time
Most reports include a link within the values which lets your drill-down for further investigation.
To help with further analysis, the Reconciliation Report offers the ability to explore the figures for any uncleared deposits or credits.
Access report tools
Report tools present a reconciliation status as at the closing date for the books.
- Select Accountant Tools.
- Within Tools, select Report options.
Want reports to be presented in a way that is more useful to you and your firm? No problem! Here's how you can customise reports and focus on the details that matter the most to you.
Access custom reports
To access reports that you have customised, select Report and then Custom reports.
- Go to Reports.
- Find and select the report you want to customise to open it.
- Select Customise. What you can customise will depend on the report you choose.
- After you make the changes, select Run report. You will see a preview of the changes.
- To save the customised report, select Save customisation.
- Enter a name for your customised report. Without a name, the report won't save.
- Add the report to a group.
- If you want to share the report with your staff or those that have access to the company file, tick Share reports with community. This shares only your customised report structure and not your financial data.
- Select Save.