Learn how to stay signed in to QuickBooks without entering your password every time.
If you use the same Windows user account, you don't have to sign in with your user name and password every time. Sign in again if you sign out or if your sign in period is over.
Note: You can't do this if your file is on a hosted environment that uses roaming profiles.
- This only works for .QBW and .QBA files.
- This isn't available when Credit Card Protection is enabled for the Company File.
- If you use this option, keep your computers safe. Use a screen timeout with a lock screen to make sure your computer is secure. For more details on how to protect your computer, go to security.intuit.com.
- If multiple users use the same Company File on the same computer, one user has to sign off before another can sign in.
- If a user doesn't sign out, another user can access the Company File without having to enter their username and password.
- The Admin can delete all credentials at any time. From the Windows Control Panel, select Windows Vault. Credentials for QuickBooks start with prefix “Intuit_QBDT”.
Change your sign in settings
Sign in as the Admin user to make these changes. Choose how long users can stay signed in up to 90 days (default is 2 days).
Note: Once you turn on this option. if you go to File, then Close Company, it'll only close the Company File and won't sign off the user.
- Go to Edit and then select Preferences.
- Select General and then Company Preferences.
- In Mange login settings, select Keep user logged in for:
- Select 1, 2, 7, 30, 60 or 90 days and then select OK.