Once you delete a transaction, there's no way to restore it. Using the Audit Log, however, you can recover the details of the deleted transaction so you can re-enter it.
Here's how to locate and re-enter deleted transaction(s):
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Select Audit Log.
- From the Filter ▼ dropdown menu, select the appropriate user, date, and event(s).
- Select Apply.
- Locate the deleted transaction. (Tip: To easily find deleted transactions, use the browser search Ctrl + F and type "deleted").
- Under the History column, select View.
- All the information needed for the transaction can be found under the Event column.
- Using the information from the Audit log, you can re-enter the transaction with its original transaction date.
Now you’re able to use the Audit Log to re-enter deleted transactions.
We're here to help
If you have questions about reports or need help customising and using them, let us know. Sign in to QuickBooks and start a discussion with a qualified QuickBooks Online expert in our community.