You can edit or update the name on a deposit depending on how the deposit was recorded.
To determine whether you can edit the name on a deposit, open the Bank Deposit screen.
- If the deposit is listed in the Add other funds to this deposit section, editing the name is simple. Locate and open the deposit, change the name in the Name field, and select Save.
- If the deposit is listed in the Select the payments included in this deposit section, you can't update it directly. You have to find and delete the original deposit, update the name on the original payment, and then recreate the deposit with the updated name.
The following sections guide you through the steps to update the name on a deposit listed in the Select payments included in this deposit section.
Find and delete the original deposit
The first step in editing the name on a deposit is to locate and delete the original deposit:
- Go to Settings ⚙️.
- Select Chart of Accounts.
- Locate the account in the Chart of Accounts.
- From the Action column, select Account history.
- Select the deposit, and select Edit to open it.
- Make a note of all the payments in the deposit, or select Print from your browser menu to print a copy of the entire page for easy reference.
- Select More, then choose Delete.
The entire deposit is deleted. The next step is to update the name on the original payment.
Update the original payment
To change the name on the original payment:
- Go to Sales, then select Customers (Take me there).
- Select the name of the customer on the original payment to open the Transaction List.
- Locate and open the original payments.
- Update the name as necessary.
- Select Save.
The name on the original payment is changed. You can now recreate the deposit.
Recreate the deposit
To re-enter the deposit with the updated name:
- Select +New.
- Under Other select Bank Deposit.
- Select the Date and add all the payments that were on the original deposit, including the payment with the updated name.
- Select Save and Close.
The deposit is recreated with the updated name.