What is happening?
Due to upcoming changes at RBS Group, NatWest Commercial Card holders are required to switch to ClearSpend service in order to continue data access via QuickBooks.
RBS has recently launched ClearSpend, a free mobile app and desktop service that gives you control of your commercial card account in real-time and lets employees check their balance on the go.
As part of this change, RBS has launched the ability for you to register and manage your commercial card with QuickBooks. Please note that this functionality is only available on ClearSpend.
For more information, refer to this RBS FAQ page.
What are the next steps?
- Sign up or register with ClearSpend.
- Once you have signed up with ClearSpend, go to QuickBooks to reestablish your new connection.
- Go to Transactions and select Bank transactions (Take me there). You'll have to first disconnect your commercial card account in QuickBooks, then reconnect.
- To disconnect your NatWest commercial card account:
- Select the blue tile for your bank account.
- Select the pencil ✎ icon to edit the account, then select Edit account info.
- Check the Disconnect this account on save checkbox.
- Select Save and close.
- Then, reconnect your account:
- Select Add Bank.
- Select NatWest Bank and follow the onscreen instructions to connect.
If you have connected an account other than a commercial credit card (for example, a personal or business account) using NatWest Bank, the bank feed will cease and you'll need to reconnect your account on the banking page in QuickBooks using an appropriate provider link (for example, "NatWest - Personal Banking - Current Accounts").