It’s important to record any payments you make to HMRC once you submit a CIS return in QuickBooks Online. This will show that you’ve paid CIS in your reports, allow you to make a match with the associated bank transaction in your QuickBooks and so that your books balance at the end of the tax year.
How to record CIS payments to HMRC
- In QuickBooks, select + New and create an expense.
- If you have created a supplier for HMRC, enter the name in the supplier field.
- Select the bank account from which you have paid HMRC and the payment method.
- Select the date the payment was made on.
- In the table section, under the Category column select the CIS Payments to HMRC account.
- Enter the amount you have paid HMRC.
- Select Save and close.
Check out the CIS guide for more help.