Preliminaries - Prior to conversion submission
There are a few tasks you should perform to ensure your legacy file is in as clean a state as possible prior to converting it to QuickBooks Online.
Note: If you are converting your file from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, it's best to complete these steps in QuickBooks Desktop before you start the conversion process.
- Quotes: Close or finalise
- Purchase orders: Close or finalise
- Unbilled activity: Delete or finalise
- Delete any accounts that were never used in the Chart of Accounts. They may be set to inactive status now, but they should also be deleted.
- Run a Payroll report for dates of current compliance (month to date) if converting mid reporting period
- Print off full employee info details and current leave balances
- Print off year-to-date (YTD) balances for Gross wages, PAYG W, and Superannuation by employee
- Archive reports run on Accruals Basis, all dates
- Trial Balance
- Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss Report
- Accounts Receivable Ageing (& Detail)
- Accounts Payable Ageing (& Detail)
- General Ledger (Optional but recommended)
Preliminaries - New QBO file setup
- Create a new Company file from global.intuit.com and select your region.
- Sign up for a product that best fits your business (Plus, Essentials, etc).
- Follow the welcome interview process to get your account setup.
- Contact support to allow us to gather your information so we can migrate the data for you.