If you’ve ever found yourself needing to make changes to a previously approved payroll in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, you’ll be glad to know that it’s easy to unapprove and make the necessary adjustments. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps of unapproving payroll and how to make the necessary changes.
If you find you need to make additional entries after approving your payroll, unapproving it allows you to do so without having to re-enter all of your data from scratch.
Unapprove the pay run
- Go to Payroll, and select Pay runs.
This will take you to a page where you can view all of your pay runs that have been approved and are awaiting processing.
- Select the employee. A message box will appear.
- Select Remove the approval. The pay run will be reopened for the pay period.
- After you remove the approval, you'll see another journal post to reverse the first journal posting. The reversing journal will have the same journal reference with "R" at the end.
- After making any changes, approve the pay run again.
- Print the amended payslips and resend RTI submissions to HMRC.