Learn how to send statements to your customers to show them summaries of their invoices, payments, credits, and balances.
A statement is a summary of your customer's account, listing recent invoices, credit notes, and payments received. A reminder statement can be created and sent to your customers to show how much they owe on each invoice.
Create a statement
Note: You can only review up to 4,500 customer records when you create statements. If you have more than 4,500 customers, you'll need to select them manually.
If when creating statements the Email button doesn't work (no error message, the email simply does not send), follow the steps below:
- Ensure that all preferences are appropriately selected to generate a statement:
- The appropriate customer is selected
- The customer should have an invoice or sales receipts within the statement period or before the statement date
- If the desired customer has a zero balance, under the Do not create statements: the box for with a zero balance should be unchecked
- For the Template, select the Intuit Standard Statement.
- If the Create One Statement is blank, choose Per Customer or Per Job from the drop-down.
- Ensure that the customer has a working email address set up, and that all the email preferences are appropriately chosen:
- Select the Edit tab, then choose Preferences.
- Select Send Forms.
- Check if the email address setup is working, then select OK.
- If the emails still fails, the issue may be an overflow error.
- Under the , put a check on the box for with a balance less than.
- Change the input to 0.00.
- Re-send the email.
|Note: If the steps above don't resolve your issue, there may be an issue with your email service.