Learn how to use the Workpapers download to .zip file feature in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
We’ve introduced the ability to back-up your year-end work offline in the cloud. But we have also created an alternative option for individuals who would like to archive their work on their own computer.
- Log in to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Open the client file to be archived.
- In the Accounting review section, under Your Books on the left menu, select Workpapers.
- Complete any year-end tasks (for example, reviewing and adjusting financial statements).
- Select Tools, then select the Download to zip option.
The download begins.
You can cancel the download at any time with the Cancel button.
Note: In order to successfully complete the download to .zip file, WorkPapers must remain open during the download.
The download takes a few minutes and you will be alerted in Workpapers when it is complete.
The download stores as a .zip file in your Downloads folder.