QuickBooks Online makes it easy for you to import data so you can have more time for your business. We'll walk you through the steps so you can import credit notes into QuickBooks with ease.
Step 1: Open the Import Credit Notes tool
- Select the Gear icon.
- Under Tools, choose Import Data.
- Select Import credit notes.
Step 2: Upload your CSV file
- Preview what's required to import credit notes. There is also an example data file available.
- Once you have all the mandatory fields, select Browse, then select your .csv file.
Note: If no line item is present QuickBooks will populate this field with a generic item called 'Sales'.
- Next you have the option to automatically create any new customers or line items that are not in QuickBooks Online. If you would like to auto create customers and/or line items, then check the applicable option(s) and select Next.
Step 3: Map column headings
- Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*). Other fields not present require Not Applicable to be selected.
- Select the date format you have used. For example, DD/MM/YYYY
- Select your VAT option if applicable; Exclusive or Inclusive. This option is only available if VAT is set up in QuickBooks.
- On the final mapping page, map your VAT codes to those of QuickBooks, then select Next.
- At this stage any mapping issues will be highlighted so you can go back and resolve them.
Step 4: Import credit notes
- Once mapping is complete, you will see a summary of your import as shown in the screenshot. Select Start Import to begin the import process.
- Once done, an import summary will be displayed. If any credit notes fail to import, note why, then select All Done and you'll be greeted with a final completion summary, select OK to finish.