Save time by uploading your receipts and bills from suppliers to QuickBooks Online. We’ll show how to do this from your computer, mobile device, or even your email account.
After you upload your receipt or bill, QuickBooks extracts the information and creates a transaction for you to review. From there, you can edit the receipt or bill, add it to an account, or match it with an existing transaction in the Receipts tab.
Before you start
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We don’t recommend uploading receipts or bills with sensitive or personal info, like credit card numbers.
- QuickBooks supports PDF, JPEG, JPG, GIF, and PNG images. If you have HEIC images from a newer iPhone or iPad, you can convert HEIC images to a compatible format.
- Receipt snap only supports home currency. It doesn't support different currencies.
Step 1: Upload receipts and bills to QuickBooks
There are several ways to add receipts or bills. Follow whichever you prefer.
> Upload receipts or bills from your computer
- In QuickBooks, go to Transactions.
- Select Receipts (Take me there).
- Select Upload from computer
- Look for the receipt or bill, select Upload.
Note: Each image or file should only contain a single receipt or bill.
> Snap a photo of your receipt or bill on your mobile device
You can use the QuickBooks Online mobile app to snap and upload receipts and bills from your mobile device.
- Open the QuickBooks Online mobile app.
- Select the Menu ≡ icon.
- Select Receipt snap.
- Select Receipt camera and snap a photo of your receipt or bill.
- Select Use this photo, then Done.
Note: Does your Android device make a beeping sound when you snap receipts? Here's how to turn it off.
> Email receipts or bills to QuickBooks
If you have a receipt or bill, you can also email your receipt or bill to QuickBooks Online. We’ll extract info from it and create a transaction for you to review.
Step 2: Review, add, or match receipts and bills
After uploading your receipts and bills to QuickBooks, they are not yet included in your books. Before that, you need to review, edit, add, or match them with existing transactions. Here's how you can do it.
If there are two or more records found
On a web browser
- Go to Transactions, then select Receipts (Take me there).
- In the For review tab, you can review your uploaded receipts and bills. QuickBooks lets you know if it finds existing transactions in your books that match with your uploaded receipts or bills.
- Check the labels in the Action column to find out what steps you need to take next.
On an iOS or Android device
- Go to Menu ≡.
- Select Receipt snap.
- You can find the receipts and bills that are not in your books yet in the For Review tab.
- Review your uploaded receipts and bills. Check the label under the receipt or bill amount to find out what steps you need to take next.