Learn how to remove a credit from an invoice or bill in QuickBooks Desktop.
Did you accidentally apply a credit to an invoice or bill? Don’t worry. Here are the easy-to-follow steps to remove the customer or supplier credit.
Remove a credit from an invoice
Here’s how you can remove a credit note from an invoice if it is wrongly applied.
- Open the credit you want to unapply from an invoice.
- Press Ctrl + H to display the transaction history.
- Double-click the invoice and select Apply Credits.
- Remove the tick next to the credit in the Previously Applied Credits window.
- Select Done.
- On the invoice, select Save and Close.
Remove a credit from a bill
And here’s a simple solution for removing a supplier credit from a bill.
- Locate the supplier credit.
- Select Bill to change the credit into a bill, then select Save & Close.
- Open the bill and select Credit to change it to a credit, then select Save and Close.
- When prompted about changing the transaction, select Yes.