When you run a reconciliation and it doesn't balance, you have the option to create an adjusting entry. Once an adjustment is accepted and created, the Memo field displays Reconcile Adjustment.
To view, edit, or delete an adjustment at a later time, you can either use the Search function or run a report.
Use the Search function
You can use the Search function to locate all reconciliation adjustments.
- Select the Search icon in the toolbar.
- Select Advanced Search.
- Select All Transactions from the field next to Search.
- In the first criteria field, specify to search by Memo.
- In the second criteria field, choose the Contains option.
- Enter Reconcile in the Enter Memo field.
- Select Search. The Search function searches for any transaction with a Memo field that contains the word Reconcile.
The list of results contains all of the reconciliation adjustments that have been created in date order, starting with the most current.
Run a Transaction List by Date report
You can customise the Transaction List by Date report to display reconciliation adjustments within a date range.
|Note: The Transaction List by Date report only applies to QuickBooks Essentials and Plus users.|
- Go toReports (Take me there).
- From the For my accountant section, choose Transaction List by Date.
- In the fields under Report period, select the appropriate time frame or set custom dates.
- Select Customise.
- Select the Filter option.
- Select the Memo checkbox and enter Reconcile Adjustment in the field.
- Select Run report.
The report lists all transactions with Reconcile Adjustment in the Memo field within the specified date range.
Now you know how to find previously reconciled adjustments.