Learn how to add or request time off in QuickBooks Workforce (formerly QuickBooks Time mobile app).
Any team members can request time off, view the status of previous requests, and view their balances from the mobile app for themselves. If admins and managers need to enter requests, approve, deny, or view time off requests, or view balances on behalf of their team members, this can only be done on the web dashboard.
Note: Approved time off requests aren’t visible on the schedule in the app, only on the web dashboard.
Add or request time off
- In the app, select Time Off or More, then Time Off.
- Select Add + or .
- Choose a time off type.
- Select Add Day to add an entry. The app adds an 8-hour entry for the current day.
- If you want to change the date and/or number of hours, select the entry, and make the adjustments.
- (Optional) Add a note.
- Select Save or Send Request.
Note: If time off approval requests are required, an admin needs to approve or deny the time off request.
How to delete a time off entry
Note: This will only be available if your admin has granted you the "Manage my timesheets" permission.
- In your app, select Time Off or More, then Time Off.
- Select the entry you want to remove.
- Select More , then select Delete time off or Cancel Request.
View time off balances
- Select Overview.
- Go to the Time Off section to view your balances.