Use this option if you don't need all of your payment information to appear in Accounts Payable.
Not sure if you should use the Write a Cheque or Pay a Bill feature?
Use Write Cheques:
- When you settle bills as they arrive
- If you don't need reports showing how much you owe
Use Pay Bills:
- If you recorded your payables with the Enter Bills feature
- When you prefer to pay bills all at once or regularly (for example, on the same day each month)
- If you want to see reports showing how much you owe
Note: To prevent accidentally creating a cheque for open bills, QuickBooks 2019 or later will guide you to the appropriate workflow. If you try to write a cheque when you have existing bills, the Cheque for Bills window appears. It displays a list of open bills for the supplier and the Go to Pay Bills option.