This article will show you how to enter the HMRC details into QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, so you can submit accurate Real Time Information (RTI) to the HMRC. Here's how to do it:
- Go to Payroll, and then Payroll Settings.
- Under Business Settings, select HMRC Settings.
- Enter the following details:
- Employer PAYE reference
- Accounts office reference
- Corporation tax Unique Taxpayer Reference
- If you are eligible for Small Employers' Relief, select Yes. If you’re a new employer or unsure whether you qualify for Small Employer’s Relief, you should check with HMRC.
- If you will be claiming the Employment Allowance, select Yes. If you're unsure if you can claim the employment allowance you should check with the HMRC.
Switch on Real Time Information (RTI)
If you need to report payroll information to HMRC on a regular basis, we recommend that you switch on RTI reporting in Advanced Payroll.