To enable shift swapping
Go to Payroll Settings, Rostering, and turn on “Employees can swap shifts that have been assigned to them”.
You can set how many hours prior to the shift starting that they can swap the shift and you can chose if manager approval is required. Once the above has been enabled, the shift swap workflow is as follows:
- Employee 1 receives a notification for a new shift that has been assigned to him.
- Employee 1 can either accept, decline or swap the shift. The shift is on a very special day for him so he chooses to swap the shift with another employee. To do this, Jack clicks on Swap. Jack chooses, from a dropdown list of eligible employees, the employee he wants to swap the shift with and then enters a comment for them to see.
- Employee 2 is notified that there is a shift swap that he needs to action. He logs into his employee dashboard to view the details of the shift.
- Employee 2 decides to accept the swap. Once he clicks on Accept Swap, the shift status updates to Awaiting Approval.
- Their manager receives a notification of a pending shift swap that requires approval. They log into the roster and click on the swap shifts icon to view the details of the swap.
- The manager reviews the details and is happy to approve the swap. They click on ‘Approve’.The employees receive a notification confirming the swap has been approved and the shift is automatically reassigned in the roster to Lachlan.
Managers can still control the process by:
- Knowing who has swapped their shift and with whom.
- Approving the shift swap before it is applied to the roster.
- Tracking shift swaps over periods of time using the shift swapping report.