Setting up day rates for your employees in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll can be done by following the steps in this article.
Set up a pay category
- Go to Payroll Settings and select Pay Categories.
- In the top right hand corner, click Add, and enter in a name for the new pay category.
- Under the Units drop down , select Daily. Set the other values for the pay category and click Save.
Your new pay category is now ready to use for day rates.
Now that you have a pay category set up for day rates, you can setup employees to use day rates:
- Go to Payroll and select Employees (Take me there).
- Select the employee that you want to assign a daily rate to.
- Under Pay Run Settings, click Pay Run Defaults.
- When specifying the Pay Rate, select the per Day value from the drop down, and specify the standard number of days per week this employee.
- Click Save and this employee will now be setup to use a daily rate.
As with all the other pay rate types, employees on day rates can be configured to accrue leave, super and any other type of pay setting that annual and hourly employees are entitled to.