A P60 form is a summary employment and tax information for employees who are still working as of 5th April, which marks the end of the tax year. If an employee works for more than one company, they will receive separate P60 for each job.
This article will guide you through the process of creating P60 forms in QuickBooks based on your payroll subscription. Choose the one you're using and follow the steps:
Before you start
- As an employer, it's your obligation to provide a P60 to your employees after the end of each tax year.
- The P60 shows the employee's taxable pay and tax paid during their employment with you.
- Employees who leave during the tax year receive a P45 instead of a P60.
- For more information, read the P60 guide on the government website.
Generate P60 in Standard Payroll
Once you've completed your final payroll, you'll have the option download the P60 forms. Alternatively, you can retrieve the P60 from the employee's Document page. To do this:
- Go to the Payroll menu.
- Select the employee you want to get the P60 for.
- Click the Documents tab.
Tip: Invite your employee to QuickBooks Workforce. This lets them access their payslips and P60 forms from anywhere and at any time.
Generate P60 in Advanced Payroll
Here's how you can view the P60 forms before publishing them once you complete your final payroll of the tax year.
- Go to Payroll and select Payroll.
- Select the Reports tab.
- Select P60 End of Year Certificates.
- Choose the correct Financial Year from the dropdown list.
- Select Show P60 certificates.
- Select Actions.
- Choose to Publish or Download the P60 form.