Learn how to install QuickBooks Desktop again so it renames your QuickBooks folders to fix company file issues.
When you reinstall, it won’t affect your data at all.
Before you start
- Download the installer for your version of QuickBooks.
- Have your license number handy. It should be on the original package. If you bought it online, it should be in the purchase confirmation email.
Note: You can get this info from your account management portal.
Solution 1: Remove and then install QuickBooks Desktop again
If you run into issues when you uninstall QuickBooks, there might be something going on with your computer. You should contact an IT professional or Microsoft for help.
Step 1: Remove QuickBooks
- Open the Windows Start menu. Search for “Control Panel”, then open Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of programs, select your version of QuickBooks Desktop you want to remove.
- Select Uninstall/Change, Remove and then Next.
If you don’t see this option, sign out and sign back in to Windows as an admin (or a user with admin rights).
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop again
When you’re done, install QuickBooks Desktop. When you install again, QuickBooks will automatically install new folders and rename your old ones.
If this doesn't fix your issue, move to Solution 2.