In this article, we'll go over some of the key concepts and conditions that you may come across when using the Rules feature in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll.
There are a few key concepts to keep in mind when understanding how QuickBooks Advanced Payroll rules work.
- All rules are written in the format of "when _____ , then _____ ."
- All rules are executed sequentially from top to bottom.
- All rules must be met in order for an action to be carried out.
- As the rules are executed, the shift will be broken up into segments that match particular rules. The general process is that pay categories will be assigned to these shift segments.
- Allowances may be added to a shift.