Note: This topic applies to you if you're using GoCardless for QuickBooks. Learn more about GoCardless
After you connect to the app, make sure that your settings are correct. When collecting payments through Direct Debit, the app automatically creates transactions in QuickBooks to record the payments and subsequent deposits related to the payments. To record this correctly, make sure that you select the settings to correctly record payments and deposits that are initiated through Direct Debit.
You can check your settings while connecting or at any other time.
To review or update your GoCardless Settings:
- In your QuickBooks company and go to Apps.
- Selct My Apps, then under GoCardless for QuickBooks, select Settings.
- Select or review your settings:
- Payment method for GoCardless payments- Select the Payment Method that will appear on the Receive Payment transaction that is created when a Direct Debit is initialised.
- Expense category for fees charged by GoCardless- Select the account to associate with GoCardless Fees when a deposit transaction is created that includes fees as a line item.
- Bank Account where GoCardless deposits money- Select the bank account (in QuickBooks) to use when a deposit transaction is created when GoCardless makes payments to you. The options available here are the accounts in your QuickBooks chart of accounts that have a bank account type. Select a bank account that matches your GoCardless payout account. If you don't have a bank account in QuickBooks, please add a bank account in QuickBooks.
- Classification for GoCardless payments made outside QuickBooks - Select Account.
- Select Save changes.