Depending on how you set up your pay run warnings in Advanced Payroll, warnings could appear as soon as a pay run is created or during the pay run. Here's how you can set it up in QuickBooks, plus understand what each warning means.
If you see a warning while creating or running a pay run, select the Warning to expand the details and get more information.
How to set up warning for a pay run
You can choose which warnings display for a certain pay schedule in your QuickBooks. To set this up, all you need to do is:
- Go to your Payroll Settings, and select Pay Schedules.
- Select the pay schedule you want to set up warnings for.
- Select the pencil icon next to pay run warnings to open the list of warnings which you can choose from.
- Tick warnings you would like to appear on pay run. Alternatively, you can untick the warnings you want to stop displaying on pay runs for this pay schedule.
- Select the X to close the Pay run warnings window.
- Select Save.
List of pay run warnings and what they mean
Select the pay run warning to reveal more information.