Learn how to use SmartLook to share your screen when you work with QuickBooks Support.
SmartLook lets QuickBooks Support experts view only your QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Online for Accountants screen. They only have access to QuickBooks and can’t take over your desktop or mouse.
QuickBooks experts also use Glance to screen share in some instances.
Use SmartLook in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Accountant
- Select Settings ⚙ and then SmartLook.
- Read the disclaimer and select Share Access. The option to deny is also available if you’d prefer not to share.
- Give the code to your expert so they can start the SmartLook session.
Note: SmartLook isn't available in the QuickBooks Online mobile app or mobile web browser.
SmartLook session permissions and details
- Experts can only see QuickBooks Online with the SmartLook session.
- You can end the session at any time by selecting Close.
- See the customer browser and QuickBooks Online details.
- Use Gesture and Highlight tools to point and ask questions and take customers, step-by-step, through the solution.
In QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download and run the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Select the Help & Support tab.
- Select SmartLook Session.
- A pop-up window with the 5-digit connection code appears.
- Share this code with the agent during the call.
The SmartLook window will appear on your screen. The Co-browse and one-way video interaction are on by default. You turn these off during the call.
You retain control of the mouse.