QuickBooks Online does not have a specific Missing Cheques report that identifies all cheques sorted by number or one that lets you scan for missing or duplicate cheque numbers.
However, you can easily customise the Account QuickReport for your bank account to help you find information about missing cheques.
|Note: This functionality is not available to Simple Start users.|
To create a missing cheques report:
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Select Chart of Accounts.
- Locate the appropriate account in the list.
- Select the Account history dropdown list in the Action column.
- Select Run report. The Account QuickReport appears.
- Select Customise.
- From the Report period dropdown list, select All Dates.
- Select the Rows/Columns item to open the section.
- Select None from the Group by dropdown list.
- Select the Filter item to open the section.
- Select All from the Distribution Account dropdown list, and select the required bank account from the Account dropdown list.
- From the Transaction Type dropdown list, select Cheque, Bill Payment (Cheque), Liability Payment (Cheque), and Prior Liability Payments.
- Select Run report.
The Account QuickReport is re-run to display the cheque-related items you specified. You can use this report to identify and track missing cheques.
You can optionally select Save customisation to save the custom report for future use. Once you save the report, you can re-open it from the Custom Reports tab of the Reports page.