- This report only applies to team members assigned to a shift in QuickBooks Time Schedule who clock in and out (vs entering hours manually).
- A tardy is reported when a team member did not clock in at the scheduled time.
- An absence is reported when a team member did not clock in at any time during the scheduled shift.
- Users who are currently clocked in will not display as tardy on the report. You might want to run the report again at the end of the workday.
- Only group/crew managers and team members granted the "Manage timesheets for all team member" permission can edit the tardies report.
- Only tardies can be edited. To change an absence, you must manually add the hours worked. Go to Time Entries.
How to run the report
- Go to Reports, select Schedule Reports,then Tardies.
- Select which groups or team members to include in the report: At the top left, do one of the following:
- Leave the report set to all team members.
- Select all team members, select a group or team member(s), and select OK.
- Under REPORT DATES, select By week or Custom date range, and select the week or dates.
- To select the minimum number of minutes late to include on the report, under TARDY (MINUTES), select 1, 5, 10, or 20. (For example, if you select 5, team members who were 1-4 minutes late will not be included in the report.)
- Select Run Report.
- (Optional) select Include absences.
- (Optional) To print the report, select Print.
- (Optional) To download a spreadsheet, select Download.csv.
How to view and edit tardy details
- To view: Select Expand next to a team member name.
- To edit:
- Hover over a row.
- Next to the date, select Edit Timesheet .
- Make the edits, and select Save.
How to sort the report
To sort the list from either descending or ascending order, select any of the column headings.