Once you submit a CIS return in QuickBooks all the transactions in that period will be closed. If you need to make changes to any of the CIS transactions in an already closed period, you’ll have to unfile your return first.
How to unfile a CIS return
QuickBooks will still keep a record of the submitted period that has been unfiled on the CIS main dashboard for your record keeping, but it's always a good idea to keep a personal backup of all your records before performing these actions.
- Go to Taxes and select CIS.
- Select View Return on the period you wish to unfile.
- Note: If you need to unfile multiple returns, do them one at a time starting with the most recent submission.
- Select Un-file. A message will appear asking you to confirm.
- Click Yes if you would like to continue.
- Select Done.
Check out the CIS guide for more help.