|Important: You could end up with incorrect invoices or payroll in QuickBooks if you already used the timesheets you want to unlock. Be sure to make adjustments to anything that may have already used the timesheets you wish to edit.|
QuickBooks Time places a “lock” on timesheets when they are exported to QuickBooks to tell the system not to export them again. If you need to edit or delete a timesheet in QuickBooks Time, use the Unlock Exported Time tool.
- This is only available for QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop integrations.
- Time can only be unlocked up to 90 days in the past.
- QuickBooks Desktop only: Before re-exporting time, delete the timesheets from QuickBooks Weekly Timesheets to prevent duplication.
- If you don’t want to re-export the timesheets, reach out to QuickBooks Time support to re-lock those timesheets.
How to unlock time:
- In QuickBooks Time, go to the QuickBooks dropdown and select Unlock Exported Time.
- Choose a Start Date and an End Date.
- Select All employees and choose individuals, groups of employees, or all employees to unlock time for.
- The timesheets that will be unlocked are displayed for reference. Select Unlock Timesheets.
- In the notice that displays, select Confirm unlock.
- Go to Approvals and choose the same date range and employees you chose to unlock.
- Select Unapprove for each employee.
- In the Approvals Report, Time Entries > Timesheets, or anywhere you can edit time, make your desired changes. (See how To edit or delete a timesheet)
- Go to Approvals and re-approve the timesheets.
- Re-export the timesheets: