Learn how to set up QR Codes so your team members can clock in on the go without having to worry about selecting the right customer while on the job.
Set up and print QR Codes
First, enable this feature in your QuickBooks Time account using a computer.
- Go to Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons.
- Find QR Codes and select Install.
Next, you can set up QR Codes using a computer, or on the QuickBooks Time iOS mobile app.
- Go to Customers and select the customer you want to create a QR code for.
- In Edit Customer, select More, then Print QR Code.
- A print preview of the QR code will display. You can print this or save it as a PDF for later.
Note: creating a QR code on mobile is only available for iOS devices.
- Go to More, then Manage QR Codes.
- Tap Add QR code.
- Choose a customer and add other fields as desired, then tap Continue.
- Add a name for the code, then tap Save QR code.
- A printable code displays. Choose a printer, or tap Cancel to print the code later.
- To print a code, in the QR Codes list, tap , then Print.
Clock in using a QR Code
QR codes can only be used with the QuickBooks Time mobile app.
- Tap Time Clock.
- Tap the QR icon .
- If this is your first time scanning a code, you may be prompted to allow QuickBooks Time to access your phone’s camera.
- Scan the QR Code using the camera to be instantly clocked in to the associated customer.