Learn what’s new and improved in the latest updates to QuickBooks Desktop 2021
We update QuickBooks regularly to give you a better experience and fix issues. These release notes explain what's new and improved.
Each new update includes all the changes from earlier updates.
If you have automatic updates turned on, QuickBooks will download updates for you. You can check for updates manually at any time.
|Web Connector||Patch support available for Web Connector 3.0 with better management of request time out scenarios.|
|Issue fixes / SDK||SDK version 15 schema support in QBDT 2020 along with new tags put in place with SDK 15 and 16.|
Release 4 (R4) - February 2021
What's important about Release 4?
Wording in the VAT report changed for Box 2, Box 8 and Box 9 in all the reports and filing areas where they appear.
Release 3 (R3) - October 2020
What's important about Release R3?
|Scheduled Statements||Users will now be able to send statements to customers who are dynamically added to the group after the group has already been sent statements.|
- Fixed an issue that caused the Landed Cost feature to not launch.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when creating a Payment Receipt template.
- Fixed an issue on the Sales Receipts screen where the 'Customer Message' title wasn't visible above the 'Customer Message' box when accessing from Online Banking with multi-currency enabled.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash while restoring a company file backup.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when closing the company file after adding contacts in the Customer or Supplier centre.
- Fixed an issue where the number of attachments to an email were not shown correctly after an attachment was removed while using the 'Combine all forms to recipient in one email' option in the 'Send Forms' window.
- Fixed an issue with Advanced Bank feeds where, if a user had M/D/YY as their system date format, the current date was getting used for recording the transaction.
- Fixed an issue where date and amount columns were not getting sorted on the 'Match to Existing transactions' window.