The Apprenticeship Levy is a tax that is payable from employers to HMRC to fund apprenticeship training. If you are liable, here's how you can pay Apprenticeship Levy, plus how to report it in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll.
Note: Apprenticeship Levy for connected companies is not supported in Advanced Payroll.
- Go to Payroll settings, then Business settings and select HMRC settings.
- In the Apprenticeship Levy section fill in the following:
- Select Yes or No in Are you required to pay the apprenticeship?
- Enter the amount of the Apprenticeship Levy allowance
- Select Yes if you have reported Apprenticeship Levy amounts for this financial year using other software. Then enter the amounts you have paid and the allowance that has been used so far in the boxes.
How to report Apprentice Levy in Advanced Payroll
- Go to Reports, HMRC Reporting and then select P32 Report.
- On the P32 report, select the Apprenticeship Levy tab to see the following columns and details:
- Tax Month that the levy applies to
- Total payroll bill. This is the total amount of all earnings that the employer is due to pay class 1 National Insurance on
- Apprenticeship Levy fund amount
- Apprenticeship Levy Allowance amount to be deducted
- New Apprenticeship Levy total amount that the employer will pay and will be reported in the P32
To learn more, read P32 report in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll.