Before you can add employees and process pay runs, you will first need to add a new business.
Once you have turned on QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, you will be prompted to Add a New Business. You can do this by entering the business details in the form.
When adding a new business you will need to provide the following information:
- CHRN: this is a unique number issued by Companies House when a limited company or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is incorporated. It is sometimes abbreviated as 'CRN' and is sometimes referred to as a Companies House Number. Your CHRN will consist of 8 numbers, or 2 letters followed by 6numbers.
- Business Name: this is the legal name of the business. It will be the name shown on payslips
- Postcode/Town: this is the primary address for your business.
Tell us a bit about yourself
In this section please add your contact name, email address, and contact phone number.
In this section you need to:
- Enter your standard work hours: there is the option to select some default hours from the drop down menu or add your own choice of hours by selecting other and then specifying your standard hours.
- Specify when your work week starts and ends: i.e., starts Monday, ends Sunday or starts Wednesday, ends Tuesday. Please select from the drop down menu.
- Select how often you will process a pay run: weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Specify which industry your business belongs to.
When you have completed this page, press Sign Up, then on Go to dashboard, to be redirected to the main dashboard.
Note: if you are accessing Advanced Payroll and another user is listed as the owner of the app, you will be prompted with the following message:
"Change the current AdvancedPayrollUK admin for Wilde Composites Limited. The current app owner is [...]. Select Become admin to change the owner to [...]."
To resolve, click Become admin.