You can have multiple payrolls in one company file; these can be of different frequencies. For example, you may have two monthly payrolls and one weekly payroll, all in the same company file.
To create a new payroll:
- Select the + New button.
- Select Employees, then New Payroll.
- Select a Payroll Name.Note: This is how the payroll will be labelled in PaySuite.
- The Payroll Identifier is automatically generated; however you can change this if required.
- If you would like to email payslips to your employees please leave the box ticked for 'Email Payslips Enabled'.
- Select the Pay Frequency; this cannot be changed once you have saved the form.
Once you select a payment frequency you will be prompted with:
- Pay Frequency
- First Pay Date, the day you physically pay your employees
- First Tax Period will automatically populate and it is determined by your first pay date
- First Pay Period End Date, the last you want to pay your employees up to.e.g I run a monthly payroll and I pay on the last working day of the month, my pay period end date would be April 30th.
- Select Normal Pay Day.