Preparing for the MTD VAT Submission
- Set up your agent services account with HMRC. You'll need to create the agent services account with HMRC.
- After you create an agent services account you must copy the existing client over or authorise new one directly with in your agent services meeting.
- After you have successfully copied over your clients you must sign them up for MTD with HMRC
Completing the MTD VAT Submission
- Log into your client
- Check that the VAT number is correct and valid. *Do not use any letters, spaces or special characters*.
- Check that the start of the current VAT return is correct
- Check that you have the right filing frequency. It should be either monthly, quarterly or annual.
- Before you can submit any VAT returns for your clients or for your firm you must authorise QuickBooks to interact with HMRC