For a number of error codes you receive, you may need to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Restarting the Database Server Manager has to be done on the computer that is hosting your company files (this is usually the server). During the QuickBooks installation, you have the option to install just the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or the full QuickBooks Desktop program. If the full program is installed, opening QuickBooks starts the QuickBooks Database Server Manager automatically. If only the Database Server Manager is installed, you must manually start the program.
If the full QuickBooks program is installed on the host or server:
- Open QuickBooks on the server.
- From the File menu, choose Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file then Next.
- Find your company file and select it.
- Select the Open file in multi-user mode checkbox, then click Open.
- Log into the company file with your normal user name and password.
- Choose File > Close Company/Log off to close the company file on the server.
If only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the host or server:
Follow these steps if you only have the QuickBooks Database Server Manager installed on the server OR if the previous solution did not resolve the issue.
- Select Windows Start, then choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services.
- Right-click the appropriate data manager:
- QuickBooksDB28 (QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27 (QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26 (QuickBooks 2016)
- Select Restart.