Find out the different ways you can send invoices to your customers in QuickBooks Online.
Things you and your customer can do with e-invoice
With e-invoice, you can:
Your customer can also do a number of things, such as:
Turn on e-invoice
You need to turn on e-invoice to send invoices to your customers using QuickBooks.
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and Settings.
- Go to Sales, then select Edit ✎ in the Online delivery section.
- From the additional email options ▼ drop-down menu, select Online invoice.
- (Optional) Set other email options for your sales forms:
- Short summary
- Invoice detail
- PDF attachment
- Select Save, then Done.
Send an invoice through email
Send an invoice using a link
Check the invoice status
The invoice status helps you keep track of which invoices are overdue, paid, or not yet sent to the customer. To check the status of an invoice:
- Go to Sales, then select Customer.
- Select the appropriate customer, then find the invoice.
- Check the Status column. Want to know what it means? Check out this table:
Status Meaning Open You haven’t emailed the invoice yet. Open (Sent) You already emailed the invoice to the customer. Open (Viewed) Your customer opened the invoice. Paid Your customer paid the invoice. Overdue The invoice is past due and isn’t paid yet. Overdue (Viewed) Your customer opened but didn’t pay the past due invoice.
Change the payment method
You can change the online payment option for an invoice you already emailed as long as it’s not yet paid.
- Open the invoice you want to change.
- Under Online payments, select the payment option(s) you want.
- Select Save, or Save and send if you want to resend the invoice.