Learn how to get QuickBooks Payments so you can process customer payments in QuickBooks.
In addition to doing your accounting, you can process payments in most QuickBooks products with QuickBooks Payments. With QuickBooks Payments, you can accept credit card, debit, and ACH bank transfer payments. Each time you process a payment, QuickBooks categorises it on your chart of accounts for you. This is an add-on feature. Learn more about QuickBooks Payments.
There are a few ways to sign up. We'll show you how to sign up for QuickBooks Payments from any product.
Important: Your payments account automatically connects to the product you sign up from. If you already signed up and need to use QuickBooks Payments for another QuickBooks product, here's how to connect your payments account.
Sign up through QuickBooks Online
Note: You must sign up through QuickBooks Online. Many customers will qualify for QuickBooks Payments.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Select Settings ⚙and then select Account and Settings.
- Select Payments. In the QuickBooks Payment section, select Learn more.
This opens a signup window with three sections:
- In the Business section, select Start. Fill out the form and tell us about your business. When you're done, select Next.
- In the Owner/Proprietor section, select Start. Fill out the form and then select Next.
- If you're approved for both QuickBooks Payments and QuickBooks Cash, you can skip to step 5. In the Bank section, select Start. Select Add a new bank connection and search for your bank.
- Select the account you want customer payments to go into. Enter the sign-in info you use for your bank. Then select Connect.
- When you're finished with all of the sections, select Activate Payments.
You'll get an email about your enrollment in a few business days. If you're approved, you can order things like a mobile card reader directly from the email.
Sign up through the GoPayment mobile app
If you have the GoPayment app on your mobile device, you can also sign up directly from the app.
Sign up through QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the Customers menu and select Add Credit Card Processing.
- Follow the onscreen steps and fill out the form to apply.
Sign up on the web
Sign up directly on the QuickBooks Payments website.
Sign up by phone
Do you have any questions? Give us a call at 080 168 9533 to talk with our team directly before you sign up. We are available Monday - Thursday 9 am to 5:30 pm, Fridays 9 am - 4:30 pm.