Perform the troubleshooting steps in this article if you are using a workstation to open a company file saved over the network and you get an Unrecoverable error. This could happen if the QBCF monitor service is running on a workstation that's not hosting the company file.
Solution 1: Disable QBCF Monitor Service
- End the QBCFMonitorService.exe process.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, select the Image Name header to display the processes alphabetically.
- Select QBCFMonitorService.exe. and select End Process.
- Select Yes on the warning message.
- Prevent QBCF Monitor service from re-starting on the workstation.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type in services.msc and select OK.
- Scroll down on the list and double-select QBCFMonitorService to open the Properties.
- Choose Disabled as Startup type.
- Select Apply and OK.