You can import a pay run by following these steps:
- From within any unfinalised pay run, select Pay Run Actions then Import Pay Run.
- You will then be shown the Import Pay Run dialog
From here you can configure the settings:
- Clear existing data: When importing data, you can choose to clear the existing data in the pay run before importing the data. You can choose to clear some or all pay items by ticking the checkbox next to each item
Note: clearing existing data will clear those pay items for all employees, not just the ones in the import, so be mindful when using this setting.
- Replace or add data to import: When importing data, you can choose to replace the pay run data with the data in the spreadsheet OR add the data to the existing pay run
- Configure ID types: Each transaction line in the pay run import uses ID's to determine which values should be used as the identifier for various data types. You can use the system generated Advanced Payroll ID or use an external ID. You can specify external IDs for the following data types in the pay run import
- Employee ID
- Location ID
- Pay Category ID
- Deduction Category ID
- Employee Expense Category ID
- Employer Liability Category ID
Once you have selected your pay run import option, you need to select the import file. The import file uses a predefined format. You can see a sample of the file format by exporting a pay run.