Learn how you manage your QuickBooks Online subscription, whether you need to update the card on file, change your subscription, or just view your billing history.
Learn about your subscription
You can pay for your subscription with Mastercard, Visa, Discover Card, or American Express, and even set up Direct Debit.
Update or change your payment method
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as a primary admin.
- Select Settings ⚙, then Account and settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription.
- Next to your payment method, select Edit ✎.
- Update your credit card info.
- Make sure the address in QuickBooks is the same as the one on your credit card statement.
- When you're done, select Confirm card or Save.
View your payment history
- Sign in as a primary or company admin.
- Select Settings ⚙ in the top right, and then Account and settings.
- Select the Billing & Subscription tab.
- In the QuickBooks Online tile, select View payment history.
Upgrade or Downgrade your subscription
Find the accounting tools that are right for you. Need more (or fewer) features? Follow these steps to upgrade or downgrade your subscription.
We do our best to ensure things run smoothly, but sometimes small technical issues occur.Below are some error messages you might see when you update billing details.
- Something's not quite right
- It looks like there was a problem on our end. Click Save again.
- Blank page/screen (unable to enter billing details)
- Subscription-error billing
The good news is we can fix this. When you update billing and subscription details:
- Ensure that all Billing & Subscription fields are completed.
- Verify credit card details.
- Confirm that the address for the credit card matches the address in your QuickBooks settings. The addresses must match.
If you are still receiving an error message or are unable to update your billing details, clear your cache and cookies.
Cancel your subscription
We're sorry to see you go. If QuickBooks Online isn't the right fit for you, we want to help you get the right tools for you. Here's how to cancel your subscription or trial.