Entering bills against your stock is part of your usual A/P workflow in QuickBooks Desktop. To see the complete list of workflows and other supplier-related transactions, refer to Accounts Payable workflows in QuickBooks Desktop.
In QuickBooks Desktop, after you receive stock without a bill, you can easily enter the appropriate bill against the stock. This will record the corresponding payable for the item receipt.
To enter a bill for an Item Receipt
- From the Home page, select Enter Bills against Stock.
- On the Select Item Receipt window:
- From the Supplier drop-down, choose the correct supplier name.
- To keep the original stock availability date, select the Use Item receipt date for the bill date checkbox.
- Select the Item Receipt that corresponds to your bill.
Note: If there are multiple Item Receipts, convert each bill separately.
- Select OK. QuickBooks converts the Item Receipt into a bill.
- When you are ready to pay the bill, proceed to Pay bills.