Learn how to remove a credit from an invoice or bill in QuickBooks Desktop.
Did you accidentally apply a credit to an invoice or bill? Don’t worry. Here are the easy-to-follow steps to remove the customer or supplier credit.
Remove a credit from an invoice
Here’s how you can remove a credit note from an invoice if it is wrongly applied.
- To display the transaction history, press Ctrl + H.
- Double-click the invoice and select Apply Credits.
- On the Previously Applied Credits window, clear the selection for credit.
- On the Apply Credits window, select Done.
- On the invoice, select Save and Close.
Remove a credit from a bill
And here’s a simple solution for removing a supplier credit from a bill.
- Locate the supplier credit.
- Select the Bill radio button to change the transaction type to bill instead of credit, then select Save & Close.
- Bring up the resulting bill and change the transaction back to credit by selecting the Credit radio button, then Save and Close.
- When prompted about changing the transaction, select Yes.