Quickly create a mailing list using the Contact List report in QuickBooks Online. When you export the contact list report to Excel, you can then use the mail merge template in MS Word to create a mailing list.
How to create a mailing list using the Contact List report
Step 1: Export the report to MS Excel. Then proceed with the following steps:
- From the left menu, select Reports.
- In the Search field at the upper right, enter the Contact List report.
- Select the report from the results.
- On the upper right, select Customise, then Rows/Columns.
- Select Change columns.
- Mark Full Name and any applicable address information you need, then Run Report.
- Select Export, then choose Export to Excel.
Step 2: Edit the MS Excel file. Then proceed with the following:
- Open the Excel file.
- Delete all header rows from the spreadsheet. Make sure not to delete the column headings.
- Delete any extra leading columns to the left of the Full Name column.
- Review all records (rows) to make sure both Full Name and Billing Address are populated with data for each customer.
- Delete any rows you will not use in the address field. You don't need both billing and shipping.
- From the File tab, select Save As.
Step 3: Create a mail merge template in MS Word
You can create a mail merge template in MS Word.
|Note: These steps may vary depending on the Microsoft version you're using.|
That's it. You now know how to create a mailing list using the Contact List report.