Do you have customers you invoice regularly? Consider creating a recurring invoice instead of a recurring sales receipt. This gives your customers the flexibility to choose when and how much to pay.
Create a recurring invoice
- Select Create ⨁.
- Under Customers, select Invoice.
- Fill out the form with information you want to appear in every instance of the invoice.
- Under Payment Options, choose the types of payments that you accept.
- Select Make recurring.
- Customise the Recurring Invoice:
- Enter a template name.
- From the Type drop-down, choose Scheduled.
- On the Options section, mark Automatically send emails.
- Set the interval.
- Set the Start date to at least one day in the future. Scheduled recurring transactions are automatically created during the first half of the day. Choosing a day in the future ensures that the first instance will be created on the day you've selected.
- Change the End date, unless you want this transaction to recur for an unlimited time.
- Select Save template.
|If you want to create the transaction ...||then ...|
|Every other week||Select Weekly, then every two weeks.|
|Twice a month||Create two scheduled Monthly transactions: one for the first transaction per month and one for the second transaction.|
|Quarterly||Select Monthly, then every three months.|
|Semiannually||Select Monthly, then every six months.|
Manage recurring transactions
Here's how to manage recurring transactions:
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Under Lists, select Recurring Transactions.
- Choose the recurring invoice you want to manage.
Now you know how to recreate a recurring invoice and manage recurring transactions.