Before you can add employees and process pay runs, you will first need to add a new business in QuickBooks Advanced Payroll.
Before you can add employees and process pay runs, you will first need to add a new business.
Once you have turned on QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, you will be prompted to Add a New Business. You can do this by entering the business details in the form.
When adding a new business you will need to provide the following information:
- CHRN: this is a unique number issued by Companies House when a limited company or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is incorporated. It is sometimes abbreviated as 'CRN' and is sometimes referred to as a Companies House Number. Your CHRN will consist of 8 numbers, or 2 letters followed by 6 numbers.
- Business Name: this is the legal name of the business. It will be the name shown on payslips
- Postcode/Town: this is the primary address for your business.
Tell us a bit about yourself
In this section please add your contact name, email address and contact phone number.
In this section you need to:
- Enter your standard work hours: there is the option to select some default hours from the dropdown menu or add your own choice of hours by selecting other and then specifying your standard hours.
- Specify when your work week starts and ends: for example, starts Monday and ends Sunday, or starts Wednesday and ends Tuesday. You can select days from the drop down menu.
- Select how often you will process a pay run: weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Specify which industry your business belongs to.
When you have completed this page, select Sign Up, then Go to dashboard, to be redirected to the main dashboard.
If another user is listed as the owner
If you are accessing Advanced Payroll and another user is listed as the owner of the app, you will be prompted with the following message:
"Change the current AdvancedPayrollUK admin for Wilde Composites Limited. The current app owner is [...]. Select Become admin to change the owner to [...]."
To resolve, select Become admin.