This article details how to set up UK payroll in QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll. Preparing payroll for your company helps ensure everything is set up correctly and flows smoothly.
- Turn on QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll.
- Do you need help adding an employee? This article add employees in QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll (UK) provides step by step instructions. If you’re starting to use Quickbooks Payroll mid-year, refer to Pay History.
- HMRC requires employers to notify them of the liabilities they owe. Before you run your payroll, make sure you turn on RTI reporting to HMRC in QuickBooks, allowing you to send your liabilities to HMRC via the Government Gateway.
Running payroll / Paying your employee:
- If you need to make changes to your employee's record or pay, do so before running your payroll.
- When you’re ready, add employees in QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll.
- Check your employment payment record report to find out the liabilities you owe.
- When you are ready, submit FPS to HMRC in QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll (note: QuickBooks does not pay employees, employers are expected to pay employees.)
- Email or print payslips for your employees.
Once all these steps have been completed, you’re ready for the next pay period.