Get answer to FAQs about using Landscape Management Network (LMN) and QuickBooks Desktop.
How do I set up and use job costing in Quickbooks?
How do I resolve user permissions issues?
Make sure to sign in as an admin in QuickBooks, then:
- Go to Company, then select Users.
- Select Set up Users and Roles.
- Select the user, then select View Permissions. If the QuickBooks user permissions are correct, then this may be referring to Windows user permissions. If not, move onto the next step.
- Close the Permissions window, select the user then select Edit.
- Choose from the Available Roles, then select Add.
- Select OK.
What is accrued accounting?
This is also known as accrual accounting. This relates to when an income or expense is recognised for reports and taxes. In accrual accounting, an income is shown on the reports for the date of the invoice or sales receipt. An expense is recognised on the date of the bill, check, or expense.
How do I see recognised revenue for services included in a monthly contract?
A monthly contract will either import from LMN as an invoice or be set up in QuickBooks as a monthly scheduled invoice. If you’re using accrual accounting, the revenue will be recognised on the date that is on the invoice created. This includes revenue for services and materials.
What are the product limitations?
Here’s the maximum number of list entries (list limits and custom fields). QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has higher limitations than QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier.
LMN error message: Could not add time for (name) on (date). There was an error when saving a TimeTracking. | QuickBooks error message: This time action is not allowed for this user.
Here are a few things that can cause this:
- The user in QuickBooks doesn’t have permissions to work with payroll.
- A wage item in LMN isn’t linked to a wage item in QuickBooks.
- The wage item in LMN is linked to a wage item in QuickBooks, but not assigned to that employee. To fix this:
- Go through the LMN sync for LMN Time and make sure the wage item in LMN is linked to a wage item in QuickBooks.
- Edit the employee in QuickBooks to make sure that the wage item used is linked to the employees payroll info.
LMN error message: Cannot delete the object specified by the id = AB4D5-1571414359. | Quickbooks error message: The transaction could not be locked. It is in use by another user.
This happens if you’re using the specific transaction or the transaction isn’t closed. Make sure nobody is in any of the transactions that might be importing. This includes Estimates, Invoices, and Time Sheets.
This can also happen if the transaction date you enter is earlier than the closing date in QuickBooks. A closing date can be set on the company file so you can’t modify, add, or delete past transactions.
Look at your taskbar and make sure QuickBooks isn’t open. If it’s not open, start the task manager and look for QBW32bit.exe. If you see it, end the task. Then try again. If you’re still having trouble, restart your computer.
Before you go through the LMN Sync, try to open QuickBooks. Make sure that your QuickBooks company file is set to single user mode and isn’t open on another computer. If it is, switch to multi-user mode.
If you’re creating estimates, you’ll most likely be creating them in LMN, then exported to QuickBooks. They need to be edited so they work better in QuickBooks if you’re using Job Costing and Stock.
LMN uses Cost Codes which, in QuickBooks, equals a small number of Parent Service Items. The description cell or field of each line on the estimate will be different. In QuickBooks, this description should be the name or description of the actual item.
This won’t change the price or quantity on the estimate, but it could remove the class. If this happens, you’ll need to re-add the class.