What you may be experiencing:
After updating Windows 10, on or around December 2017, you may be unable to email forms from QuickBooks for desktop using Outlook.
The error displayed will be 'QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook'.
What you can try now:
- Repair Microsoft Outlook (NEW): Select your version of Microsoft Outlook below for instructions on how to perform a repair Microsoft Outlook 2010 (applies to Outlook 2013, 2016 and Outlook 365)
Microsoft Outlook 2007
IMPORTANT: These steps are highly technical in nature and may be best performed by a qualified IT professional
- Use the 'Email later' feature (New workaround)
- Mark the invoice as 'Email Later' (find checkbox next to Email button)
- Click 'Save & Close' or 'Save & New'
- Go to File -> Send Forms -> Select invoice and send email
- Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop
- Save the form you wish to send as a PDF document and then email as an attachment from Outlook
- We are currently testing a fix but still need your help to further investigate this issue by joining us in a short troubleshooting session. If you would like to volunteer, please call us at 1-877-772-9158.